Virginia’s World-Class Rail Trails (Bike Tour)
Do you like the view of the mountains when you ride, but don’t necessarily want to climb them? This tour combines the beauty of the mountains along with river views and mountain streams but requires less effort.
At 57 miles, the New River Trail is Virginia’s longest linear trail park and a cyclist’s dream. Established in 1986 when Norfolk & Southern donated the abandoned railroad right of way to the state, the park traverses rural areas full of natural beauty and connects once-booming little towns steeped in railroad and Civil War history.
Next up is the Virginia Creeper Trail, offering you 34 miles of car-free relaxation. Ranked in 2023 by Travel & Leisure as one of the 15 best rail trails in the country, the Virginia Creeper’s mellow grade and stunning scenery make for the perfect two-wheeled mountain adventure. Both trails are relatively flat and rated “easy.”
What You’ll get:
- All-inclusive bicycling vacation including concierge services by locals
- Exceptional guides that ensure you are safe and having a great time
- 3 nights in the best hotels
- All transportation for you and your bike as we move from town to town
- Valet service for your luggage
- Shuttle service from the trail to your hotel
- Breakfast each morning
- Healthy snacks, water and ice at scheduled rest stops along the route
- Delicious picnic lunches
- Two dinners at locally owned restaurants
- Free time to stroll around small towns, exploring shops, museums, restaurants, breweries and wineries