Virginia’s Bay to Ocean Tour (Bike Tour)
Known for its unspoiled beauty, Virginia’s Eastern Shore has abundant wildlife and laid-back locals. All roads are lightly traveled and provide dramatic, panoramic views. We will tour Cape Charles and Onancock, then ferry across to Tangier Island for a delicious seafood lunch and a glimpse back in time. Isolated 12 miles off the mainland, Tangier is famous for the dialect spoken by islanders, which some believe dates back to the original 17th century Cornish settlers.
No tour of the Eastern Shore is complete without seeing the wild ponies of Chincoteague, made famous in 1947 by Marguerite Henry’s Misty of Chincoteague. We will bike through Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, where they have the famous Pony Swim each July, and finish the day with a sunset cruise to ensure you see the wild ponies.
What You’ll Get:
- All-inclusive bicycling vacation including concierge services
- Exceptional guides who ensure you are safe and having a great time
- Four days of cycling around beautiful coastal villages
- Five nights in the best hotels/B&Bs
- Ferry ride to Tangier Island and a sunset cruise around Chincoteague
- All transportation for you and your bike
- Valet service for your luggage
- Shuttle service
- Breakfast each morning
- Healthy snacks, water and ice at scheduled rest stops
- Delicious lunches every day (Tangier Island lunch not included)
- Four dinners at locally owned restaurants
- Free time to stroll small towns, exploring shops, museums, restaurants, breweries and wineries
- Incredible SAG support with a bike mechanic. We provide you with a phone number to call in case of an emergency.
- Incident medical insurance and first aid supplies in all support vehicles