Gravel Curious Camp
Gravel Curious Camp is two amazing routes planned for April 23-24. The Saturday route will leave from Camp Bethel at 10:00am and will head out on a classic Roanoke gravel loop. This route has some chunkier then normal gravel on the climb up bobblets and the next descent and only about 4 miles of pavement all day!
The second day will meet on the other side of the Blue Ridge Parkway at the Day Creek Day Use Area and roll south to one of my favorite roads in the area, Thaxton Mtn Rd. Then over to Sandy Ford Rd a leg buster of a climb. This day has classically smooth gravel and while it is longer than Saturday’s route we will likely be rolling a bit faster.
What you get – An awesome two days of routes
- Stress free riding in a new area that will have you coming back.
- Aid stations for both days about half way through with more fluid and fuel top ups.
- Post ride tacos and bubbly beverages (pls do not bring alcohol to camp Bethel, Day Creek Day Use Area is fair game).
- Emily Werner will be giving nutrition tips to help you strategize and plan for the present and future.
- Flow Formulas 30% off first time order code: werner30
- 10% off continuing use code: werner10
- Riding technique and setup instructions