Devils Backbone Road Ride and Ramble
Your choice of two (2) challenging routes (65 and 48 miles) with big climbs and sweeping descents with sweeping Blue Ridge Mountain Views. Hydrate and grab a snack at rest stops along the routes. At the finish line you can enjoy live music, sip on a cold beer at Basecamp Brewpub & Meadows. Revised routes maintain elevation gain along with fast descents, including the Crabtree Falls segment from previous years and new for this year, a prologue! We’ll warm up with a few easy-going undulating miles before tackling the ascent of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Both routes are on 100% paved state and country roads. The 4th annual Devils Backbone bike ride benefits the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition.
- Two revised route options – both routes are loops, starting and ending at Basecamp Brewpub & Meadows in Nelson County. Both routes begin with a 3-mile warm up before climbing up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Preview the 65 mile Metric Route here and view the 48 mile route here.
- Primitive tent/car camping option is available via ride registration on Eventbrite at a special rate. Additional accommodations, including Premium Woodys tent camping and RV camping is available. To check premium camping availability and to make reservations, please visit the Devils Backbone Camp reservation site.
- 200 rider limit
- Challenging 48 Miler and Metric (65mi) routes
- Family-friendly bicycle ride on the trails at Basecamp Brewpub & Meadows, available to family and friends not riding the Road Ride & Ramble routes, the trail ride is FREE
- Post ride party at the finish with live music and DB swag giveaways
- Devils Backbone Road Ride & Ramble benefits the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
Each rider will receive a Devils Backbone packet including cue sheet, rider number, water bottle, event t-shirt & Devils Backone swag. Riders will also receive a Devils Backbone gift card, valid toward food and beverage purchase at Devils Backbone Brewing Company. Please note, t-shirt size is guarenteed when you register BEFORE Thursday, August 1, 2019.