Bike Virginia Heartlands Tour (Multi-Day) Farmville to Twin Lakes State Park
EVENT IS POSTPONED – FUTURE DATE TO BE DETERMINED
Bike Virginia moves to different regions each year. The 2020 tour will begin on Friday June 19 in Farmville with the first three days being hosted at the Wilck’s Lake Park. The second half of the tour, starting on Monday June 22, 2020 is hosted by Twin Lakes State Park and will conclude at 4:00 pm on Wednesday June 24, 2020. Guests will stay in hotels, inns, homes, and camp at the event headquarters during their visit. Lodging for the tour can be based in Farmville or the surrounding community for the entire six days so cyclists will not have to move if they choose that lodging. Camping cyclists will have to move one time on Monday morning June 22 if they choose to camp at the event headquarters.
Come for a day, three days (weekend or weekday), or the whole 6-day adventure! The region offers exactly what touring cyclists want: friendly hospitality, great scenery, and amenities such as lodging, food, and historic tourism opportunities. The area is rich with history and outdoor recreation including:
- The High Bridge Trail State Park – Rail trail
- Farmville Blueway Paddle Trail
- Sandy River Adventure Park
- Appomatox Court House National Park
- Longwood University and Hampden-Sydney College.
- Charming Farmville Downtown
- Sailor’s Creek Battlefield Historical State Park commemorate two of the final battles of the Civil War.
- The R.R. Moton Museum tells the story of a 1951 student strike that helped ignite the Civil Rights era.