Bike Camp – Families of Autistic Children
Camp Host: Families of Autistic Children of Tidewater Virginia
Requirements for Participation (Rider must meet all of below criteria):
- Minimum age – 8 years old
- Able to sidestep to both sides
- Have a disability
- Able to attend camp all 5 days
- Able to walk without assistive device
- Maximum weight 220 lbs
- Willing and able to wear a properly fitted bike helmet
- Minimum inseam of 20” (measure from floor while rider is wearing sneakers)
Accompanied by parent/guardian willing and able to intervene or assist staff as requested in addressing any prolonged disruptive or aggressive behavior.
NOTE: Dropping-off Riders at the program is not permitted. A parent, legal guardian or other adult authorized to take responsibility for the Rider (e.g. another parent) must remain on site for duration of each day’s 75-minute program.