Agony in the Alleghanies Gran Fondo
The 2022 Agony in the Alleghanies Gran Fondo will celebrate its tenth edition this May. Visit the beautiful Alleghany Highlands of Virginia to ride in one of the most scenic Gran Fondo’s on the east coast! The event rightfully exemplifies it’s name “Agony in the Alleghanies” with the Gran Fondo course reaching nearly 10,000 feet of climbing! Easily accessed from Interstate 64 and just four hours’ drive from both Washington, D.C. and Charlotte, NC.
This event offers four breathtaking course options (visit the website for GPX directions):
- Gran Fondo: 103 Miles
- Medio Fondo: 68 Miles
- Medio Mountain: 64 miles + Hot Springs Mountain Climb
- Piccolo Fondo: 30 Miles
Each route comes with course timing, neutral technical support and fully stocked rest stops. All served with the renowned Alleghany Highlands hospitality!
Entry fee includes:
- Post-ride food and beverage
- Bike valet service in Covington Friday night/Saturday morning
- Shuttle service from parking at Clifton Forge finish to ride start in Covington on Saturday morning
- Free technical/mechanical support
- Stocked food and water stops
- Electronic Chip Timing
- Finishers’ Medal